Thursday, July 03, 2008

What I has been doing

Time constraints due to thoroughly changed personal circumstances have prevented any updating of this blog for a while now.

But fear not – I’ll be back in action in the nearness.

Just a little note on what I’ve been up to for the past week or two. For the fist time I’ve had an up-close look at the pointy end of global warming: the disappearing equatorial glaciers.

Now let me be the first to say that to do so I flew on an aeroplane. Accordingly, as CO2 was released during said flight, AGW is disproved. One cannot fault right-wing bloggers for this piece of watertight logic.

Secondly, as the guides in the area explained to my good self, all the local glaciers were either receding or gone altogether. Excess glacier melt was causing damage to roads in the area, with many bridges no longer usable and some interesting 4wd-ing required to get to the mountains where the glaciers are having their drawn out last stands.

Again, I should note, the impoverished locals, whose families have existed in the area for untold generations, who were relaying these stories of the previous magnificence of the glaciers were clearly mistaken as free-market think tanks have already proven though meticulous research that all glaciers are actually increasing in size. If ever there were a case of well organised green radicals trying to thrust their communist ideology upon an unsuspecting world this was it. Of course I was disgusted and loudly explained, accepting no interruption, that these green mafia should stay out of affairs in which their opinion was clearly biased and learn to respect the opinion of expert denialist bloggers.

I imagine I achieved great success with my persuasive argument.

Anyways, here are a few snaps from my little high altitude climbing expedition (click to enlarge).

Anyone guess which mountain/glacier I climbed? Ultimate kudos to the winner.